Sunday, July 13, 2008

North by Northwest!

Much to my surprise, I was able to let go of paradise and have left the islands. I am in Portland Oregon and have been here for a week and a half. I am currently in the process of interviewing and trying to find work. I already had some friends here and have made some new ones as well. Since I landed, I have been able to enjoy some of the great outdoors that Oregon has to offer. Being that I grew up here as a little boy, it all seems so familiar to me.

After Hawaii, the water was so cold that I almost had a heart attack. I jumped in once.....and I was done for the day.

5 comments:

Monsters said...

Looks like you are having a good time. So are you planning to stay there then? I have never been to Oregon but I love the Washington area!!! I have an aunt that lives in Eugene and she loves it. I hear the speed limits or drivers are slow or something of the sort.

Jared said...

Yes, it looks as if I will be staying here for a while. Eugene is more small-town than Portland. Portland is actually rated one of the best places to live as of late. Its absolutely beautiful here.

Hadmonster said...

Any luck with finding work yet? What river is that?

Jared said...

No luck on the job front yet. I need to find something soon. I am panicking. That is the Lewis river.

Monsters said...

Hey Jared- what's your address?